Are you interested in making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities? Are you new to this field and want to learn more? Do you want to work somewhere where you KNOW you are making a difference every day?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Brand new full time employees, or part time employees working 20 or more hours per week, will receive their bonus in two installments: $500 at the end of their 3 week paid orientation and another $500 after completing 90 days of employment.
Being a Direct Support Professional has its Advantages
As a Direct Support Professional at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Paid 2 to 3 week orientation.
- Over 5 weeks of paid time off your first year.
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org Tuition assistance after 6 months of working full time – up to 12 credits per year!
- Access to the Savi Student Loan Checkup tool to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings!
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily activities and achieving long term goals.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. Located in Somers, NY, this position is responsible for assisting individuals in daily activities, including health and personal management, achieving personal goals, recreation, and daily household living, as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic treatment environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program individuals while improving functioning and minimizing interfering behaviors.
- Have a High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of related experience OR an Associate’s Degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Have a Valid NY Driver’s License.
- Be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor.
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children and adults with special needs.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children