We are currently hiring Part-time Couriers/Dockworkersin our Long Island City, NY Market. As a Part-Time Courier/Dockworker you would follow standard company procedures and safety requirements for local pick-up and delivery of time sensitive materials in a timely and efficient manner.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
· Under tight deadlines, drives vehicle to customer sites, climbs in and out of vehicle, and walks up and down stairs as required to pick up and deliver documents and packages to and from customers according to established procedures, in all weather conditions;
· Picks up, handles and delivers time sensitive documents and packages in a safe and punctual manner considering traffic patterns, alternative routes, traffic regulations, and driving conditions in order to meet customer and DHL time requirements;
· Ensures all delivery material received is safely delivered to correct consignee;
· Operates a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered;
· Maintains good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures;
· Operates a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered
May be required to do additional Dock worker tasks:
· Drive forklift;
· Under tight deadlines, performs dock work such as sorting, packing, loading, unloading containers;
· Palletizing and separation of freight/documents;
· Ensures all delivery material is prepared for shipment
Skills & Qualifications:
· Valid/clean driving record
· Must be at least 18 years old, 21 years old (for CDL positions)
· Candidate must pass pre-employment background and drug screening. Must also pass medical physical
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
§ Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) lbs occasionally.
§ Must be able to lift forty (40) lbs frequently.
§ Must be able to walk, climb stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch repeatedly.