WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH A LOCAL GROWING NONPROFIT?
Internship Opportunity Summer 2020
DMAX Foundation is a Philadelphia-area nonprofit whose mission is to create connections and conversations that matter to strengthen mental health and emotional well-being for young people. We accomplish this through DMAX Clubs on college campuses. The Clubs create an environment where students get together to talk about how they are doing, how their friends are doing and how they can help each other. The Clubs are for all students as we believe that mental health is a continuum that everyone falls along at different places at different times in their lives. Mental health is everyone’s concern.
DMAX Foundation is seeking a student for a unique internship that will use communications and graphic design, business and marketing skills to help build a meaningful, grassroots organization at regional colleges and to further the outreach goals of DMAX Foundation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our mission, interest in being a part of a young organization, and excellent communication, marketing and administrative skills. The intern will work closely with the Executive Director, DMAX Club Coordinator, and the Outreach Coordinator. The intern will be involved in several initiatives including:
- Creating new and updating existing new marketing and promotional materials
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s website redesign
- Market Research that supports the mission of the Foundation
- Raising awareness about DMAX Clubs at other colleges in the local area
- Using communication tools for outreach to build the base of DMAX Foundation’s constituents
The position will include marketing and communications, graphic design, web design/development (beginner-level web skills fine). The company is located in Bryn Mawr, PA and it is preferable that the intern be present at least part of the time but may arrange for remote hours as well. Depending on the status of the Covid-19 pandemic, this position may be completely remote until otherwise notified.
Skills and Qualifications
· Experienced in Adobe Suite, Especially Indesign
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strategic thinking and planning capabilities
· Ability to work independently and on a team
· Ability to implement a plan
· Persistence and persuasiveness
· Good listening skills
· Design skills
· Experience developing project plans and meeting timelines
· Excellent organization skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Interest in the field of mental wellness among youth is a plus
If your school allows it, this internship is available for college credit. There will be opportunities for professional development through working with the Foundation’s Executive Director and other members of the DMAX team. In addition, you will also receive a letter of recommendation that will reflect the caliber of your work with the Foundation.
- Be part of an organization and develop relationships with professionals who want to make a difference in how mental illness is viewed in our society.
- Develop your professional skills while enjoying a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day.
- Get in on the ground floor of a young organization and help to turn its goals into reality.
- Apply and enhance your skills in your field and learn new ones.
- Receive a letter of recommendation from DMAX Foundation after the successful completion of the internship. The internship could be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines.
Virtual for out-of-area interns. Hybrid for interns local to Bryn Mawr, PA.
Due to COVID-19, all positions are mostly remote until otherwise notified
- Fall 2021: 12 – 20 hours per week
- Start/End Dates Flexible
To apply for this position on Handshake, please include a resume and cover letter that highlights your relevant qualifications and your interest in the position,