We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to perform chemical, physical, and electrical tests on insulating fluids. Job functions will require laboratory manual labor, and a variety of other tasks. This person will work under general supervision but require a certain degree of independence, creativity and latitude.
This position can be located in Marlborough MA, Morrisville NC, or Indianapolis, IN.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Analysis/Reporting.
- Primary focus of the job is to perform various analytical testing techniques within the laboratory.
- Run standards and QC samples as required with samples and record that information.
- Update sample ID logs as required.
- Perform statistics and associated data checks to ensure the analytical test equipment and associated test procedures are working accurately.
- Produce quality control charts in Excel.
- Learn LIMS (Doble Laboratory Information Management System) which is the software that is used in the laboratory in all aspects of our testing.
- GC and other Analytical Equipment Troubleshooting.
- Analytical equipment needs constant maintenance and repair, assisting with these activities is desired.
- Make sure equipment and the surrounding area is kept clean at all times.
- Change out gases, prepare test solutions, and clean glassware as required.
- Change out desiccants when indicated by color change.
- Change out various consumable supplies used in the analytical testing process as required.
- Standard and QA/QC sample preparation.
- Prepare QA/QC samples on an as needed basis.
- Assist with analytical testing calibration procedures as required.
- Wet chemistry test.
- Cross train in other aspects of testing including some of the other basic tests performed on a routine basis.
- Other Testing.
- May be asked to participate in the development of new tests, testing procedures and contribute to the team effort that is needed to implement a good test.
Minimum Associates Degree in chemistry, physics, biological sciences; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Good grasp of analytical chemistry (hands on experience and knowledge).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively communicate status & issues.
- Basic analytical equipment skills
- Must be a hands-on contributor that can flourish in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a solid computer skills background, and strong math skills.
- Knowledge in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Job involves working was hazardous chemicals, standing, walking, a lot of hand work such as that required for sample preparation and the ability to lift 10 pounds on a routine basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work overtime and sometimes on weekend days when needed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
- Hands-on training in their college labs or have a working knowledge of chromatography would do better in this position.
- Certifications in analytical equipment training a plus.