Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Communications Department of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) works to expand awareness of humanitarian crises and endemic health problems that medical teams address around the world. Public awareness is built through; active and reactive media engagement, publications and creative content produced in-house, including a quarterly newsletter and website content; pushing multimedia through social media; and public education activities such as live webcasted events, interactive exhibits, and film screenings.
The video intern will assist in all phases of the creation and promotion of MSF video content. This is a hands-on position, offering the opportunity to actively improve tools through which MSF communicates its messages. The ideal candidate will contribute creatively and technically to new and ongoing projects. They will have proven technical ability in videography and video editing. Someone with an interest in documentary film, journalism, non-profit communications, and/or international affairs would be best suited for this position. The position is for Winter and Spring 2021 (6 months).
Duties include some or all of the following based on current needs:
- The video intern will assist with producing, editing, and optimizing a variety of video projects, the majority of which we direct remotely
- Research and use of video from MSF’s international photo and video database
- Editing short web videos for use on social media, websites, etc.
- Regular reporting on video performance metrics using YouTube’s Insights
- Transcribing video interviews, and copy editing video transcripts for web accessibility
- Learning search engine optimization principles and best practices. Implementing these procedures to draft and publish new videos online.
- Creating or assisting in creation of simple graphics
- Setting up and assisting with filming, mainly remotely
- Coordinating translation services to support video production
- Organization and upkeep of A/V equipment, inventory lists, and digital files
- Researching new equipment, video workflows, or solutions as needed to support the work of the video team
- Support roll-out and administration of a remote video training program
- Other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrable experience shooting and editing video. You must submit a portfolio link, or at least 3–5 videos, in order to be considered. Please indicate what work you did on each piece, and when each was created.
- High level of proficiency with Premiere Pro. Working knowledge of Photoshop and Audition. Proficiency in After Effects is a plus.
- Proficiency editing on a PC laptop, to be provided by MSF.
- Experience with studio recording, including camera and audio set up. Experience with remote recording, and/or live streaming with remote guests, preferred.
- High level of organization. A reliable and responsible self-starter.
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with MSF, and awareness of international issues related to global health (armed conflicts, refugees and displaced people, disease outbreaks, for example).
- Interest in and knowledge of how video is used and consumed on social media.
- Experience reporting video performance metrics
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Spanish language skills
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls or emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2021
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.