Network Automation Engineer Intern
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team – is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
We’re looking for a Network Automation Engineering Intern with an initial exposure to Linux/MacOS, basic coding skills and an eagerness to jump into complex technical topics. As a member of the Networking Engineering team, the Intern will be exposed to a variety of automation technologies and tools, leveraging solutions through data-driven analysis to solve infrastructure problem(s) contributing in improving the SLA/availability of the infrastructure and the overall user experience at DocuSign
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Manager of Cloud Services and is designated Flex.
- Assist with the design, installation, and testing of new network(s), infrastructure, and network monitoring systems
- Partner with members of cloud services team to monitor opportunities, assist with any corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications
- Assist with tactical support escalations, documentation of changes or modifications of framework, and communicate status updates to the appropriate stakeholders
- Refine operational procedure, develop best practices and always focus on automation first (you believe in infrastructure as a code for the future!)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Telecommunications, Network Engineering and/or a related field
- Basic understanding of wired and wireless networking protocols and products
- Experience with programming languages such as Python 3.x, go & database technologies
- Experience with Linux or UNIX like operating systems
- Ability to work in an interrupt-driven environment and communicate effectively effectively with teammates who work remotely
- This role is not eligible for CPT or OPT sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in applying open source software in an enterprise infrastructure
- Familiarity with network administration tools, such as RADIUS, Active Directory, or equivalent
- Knowledge or learning of orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Command line configuration of networking devices, scripting via REST, etc., scripting via REST, etc
- Familiarity with Linux fundamentals, routing concepts & protocols and strong networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with version control tools like git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with peers and customers from different organizations
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com