About Your Role
Dotdash is looking for an assistant editor to write and update content for the gift, toy, and holiday commerce verticals on The Spruce. We are looking for a writer who always has great gift recommendations—for kids and adults. Day to day, you’ll be writing and updating lists of the best gifts for 2-year-olds, the best gifts for high school graduates, and more.
About Your Contributions
- Update existing lists and write new gift and toy content for The Spruce, maintaining high quality standards along the way.
- Source high-quality experts to provide background information and quotes for our lists and reviews.
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts.
- Collaborate with the commerce, editorial, growth, and social teams to optimize our commerce library for both Google and our readers.
- Research new products and new trends to make sure we’re making the best recommendations to our readers.
- 1+ years in a commerce-focused role at a digital lifestyle brand.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a deep understanding of what works on the web.
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging copy in a brand’s voice.
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company.
- Independently manage workflow, maintaining transparency with your manager as problems arise.
- Passionate about toys and gifts and always current on the latest trends.
- Bachelor’s degrees required.