Graphic Design Internship
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation Inc. (DMFLF), a 501(c)(3) organization, works every day to reach the goal of closing the financial literacy gap in our country and building stronger, more financially literate communities — one student, one classroom, and one school at a time. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation created and provides an eight-unit curriculum which includes engaging lessons and activities to schools and teachers at no cost. We have developed a student-centered financial literacy curriculum that is standards-based and provides 60 hours of financial literacy education for high school students. We work to engage schools and educators within central New Jersey communities. We are looking for individuals who are interested in helping us expand our financial literacy education program for teens and advance our vision of “A Financially FIT America.” The Foundation works closely with educators, opinion makers, business leaders and families to dramatically improve financial literacy and better prepare the next generation for a lifetime of better financial decisions.
Internship Program Requirements/Job Description:
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation (DMFLF) offers unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest.
In order to become an intern, the applicant must:
- Be available to work 15–22 hours per week during regular business hours at DMFLF HQ Princeton, NJ. Hours and days are flexible.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer and subject matter competency.
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the DMFLF mission, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Although this in not a paid internship position, interns will gain first-hand, individualistic experience in working in all facets of a non-profit organization, especially within their focus areas. Interns will be able to attend our functions and other events and activities as identified. Interns will participate and become actively involved in the actual operational activities of the organization and will leave this experience with a professional understanding of the non-profit world that will serve them as they proceed professionally. Interns will also leave this experience with a professional reference upon request.
Graphic design interns/volunteers assist with graphic design and editorial tasks. They will handle project management, including project initiation, working with the internal creative team stewarding the review and approval process, implementing and fine tuning DMFLF Curriculum materials, Branding, and other elements of the program for packaging and distribution. Interns will work interactively with all departments within the foundation. Interns/Service Learners will participate in professional development workshops and networking opportunities when offered by the organization.
Applicants do not have to strictly adhere to any specific roles as they are flexible and can be shifted around to the individual’s strengths.
- Support MSM Service Learning Department in producing marketing and promotional items as well as graphics for use in social media
- Design infographics and charts
- Design page layouts and supporting graphics for the FitKit Curriculum
- Design presentation slide decks
- Attend workshops
- A passion & interest in the graphic design field.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Video editing, Motion Graphics, Photo editing, and Illustration experience are a plus.
We prefer to hire only juniors and seniors as well as alumni who are recently graduated.
DoughMain Financial Literacy is a 501c(3) organization and so we are a mainly volunteer-based organization. College credit available.
We would like a copy of the applicant’s resume as well as samples of their work or their portfolio. Course work is fine to include.
Supervisor Contact information:
189 Wall Street
Princeton, NJ 08854
Office: 609-751-3300 ext. 300
The positions stays open all year round.