Marketing, Social Media Fall Internship
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation Inc. (DMFLF), a 501(c)(3) organization is working to close the financial literacy gap in our country and build stronger, financially literate communities — one student, one classroom, one school at a time. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation created and provides an eight-unit curriculum which includes lessons, activities, and highest quality to schools and teachers at no cost. We have developed a student-centered financial literacy curriculum for high school students. It is a 60-hour program that meets all national standards. We are presently engaging with schools and educators within central New Jersey communities and would appreciate your support in expanding our financial literacy education program for teens and advance our vision of “A Financially FIT America.” The Foundation works closely with educators, opinion makers, business leaders and families to dramatically improve financial literacy and better prepare the next generation for a lifetime of better financial decisions.
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation (DMFLF) offers unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns or volunteers will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest. In order to become an intern or volunteer, the applicant must:
- Be available to work 15-22 hours per week during regular business hours at DMFLF HQ Princeton, NJ.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency.
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation mission, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Although this in not a paid internship position, interns or volunteers will gain first-hand, individualistic experience in working in all facets of a non-profit organization, especially within their focus areas. Interns or volunteers will be able to attend our functions and other events and activities as identified. Interns or volunteers will be expected to participate and become actively involved in the actual operational activities of the organization and will leave this experience with a professional understanding of the non-profit world that will serve them as they proceed professionally. Interns and volunteers will also leave this experience with a professional reference upon request.
Marketing and Social Media:
There are three positions within the department of Marketing/Social Media include Content Writer, Associate Analyst, and Social Media Coordinator. Marketing/Social Media Interns or Volunteers will be responsible for creating new content that will carry out DoughMain Foundation’s message and values. Interns or volunteers will review and update the Foundation Marketing/Social Media Plan, update print materials, update and maintain social media, while increasing and fine tuning our social media marketing presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, blog and e- newsletter. Interns/Volunteers will participate in professional development workshops and networking opportunities when offered by the organization.Also, interns or volunteers will also be asked to jointly create “Fin on the Street” videos where university campus students will be interviewed on financial literacy topics after signing a consent form.
Content writers are responsible for creating content for Google organic (SEO) and paid (AdWords) programs. Interns and volunteers will write compelling copy for blogs, newsletter, inforgraphics, and related marketing collateral. They will be able to track content effectiveness and create a continuous process of improvement. Lastly, they will create scripts for “Fin on the Street” videos- segments where the marketing team will go to local university campuses and interview students and local residents about making better financial decisions.
- 1-2+ years of content writing preferably in Digital Marketing or Online Media
- BA in Marketing, Journalism, English, and other mass communication disciplines OR working towards completing undergraduate degree
- Experience in multi-channel content creation
- Passion for and confidence with grammar, syntax, & technical aspects of writing
- Solid verbal communication and writing skills
- Genuine enthusiasm and curiosity
- Ability to work both independently and within a group environment, as needed
- Willing to keep learning and embrace new strategies as they happen
- Previous editorial or agency experience, a plus
189 Wall Street
Princeton, NJ 08854