Who we are:
Do you like building scalable, realtime, resilient applications in the cloud computing environment?
The Dow Jones Technology team is modernizing and enhancing the Identity platform for Consumer products like WSJ, Barron’s, MarketWatch etc., and is looking for a Software engineer with passion for building cutting edge mission-critical software solutions.Our platform supports a dynamic business that provides the world’s most comprehensive collection of news and data to a broad spectrum of enterprise clients.
You will need to bring keen analytical skills and a passion for creative problem-solving. We are looking for engineers who are unafraid of learning new technologies. You will report into the Engineering team that works towards Identity solutions for the Consumer Business product line within Dow Jones.
What we seek
- We are looking for creative and passionate, self-driven engineers who want to be hands-on – designing, implementing and owning code all the way through deployment.
- You will be developing & support ReSTful APIs & platform infrastructure frameworks while adhering to our SDLC best practices and guidelines
- You will be working in a team setting, understand and practice agile software development and management
- You will builds and executes rigorous load, stress and performance tests prior to deploying software
- In this role, you will focus on identity and access management for Dow Jones products and you will build features that the products rely on for authentication and authorization.
- Product security is a high priority for all Dow Jones products, so knowledge of security principles is highly desired. You will also proactively work with the Security team to address any security vulnerabilities uncovered via our penetration testing.
- You will be expected to participate in technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros and cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability and project delivery performance.
- You will be expected to maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry.
- You will be required to integrate your work into our automated CI/CD pipeline and measure test coverage. You will be following all the standards processes of SDLC and our test automation framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming concepts
- Strong experience in Node.JS programming skills (1 years+), understanding of oAuth 2.0, OpenId Connect specifications
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact with peers and stakeholders
- Experience with Git, Jenkins
- Experience in implementing ReSTful APIs following JSON API standards
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, and Aurora offerings of AWS.
- Understanding of writing unit, functional, performance, soak and stress tests Knowledge of Cucumber is a plus
- Understanding of logging, monitoring & alerting of applications
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery of applications is a bonus
- Understanding of designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment is a bonus
- Experience working with Docker or other container technologies.
- Write efficient code based on feature specifications.
- Good troubleshooting skills especially with middle-tier application frameworks.
- Experience in Linux environment and shell scripting.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.