[Summer 2021] Data and Evaluation Intern
EAST HARLEM /VOLUNTEER AND INTERNS – INTERNS /VOLUNTEERS AND INTERNS
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Data Manager, the Data and Evaluation Intern will be responsible for helping organize, analyze and report on key metrics related to DREAM Summer Programming. This is an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to apply and strengthen their skill sets, while also gaining insight on evaluation methods specific to both the education and non-profit sector.
As of now, our internships are unpaid but we do provide the following:
- MetroCards for transportation (if you are working in-person).
- Sponsorship paperwork for students awarded grants/funding from their schools or outside programs.
- Verification for course requirements and credits.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
- Support the Data Department with special projects;
- Perform medium-sized data & survey entry tasks;
- Prepare and store organizational data;
- Drive toward action and results by entering data quickly and error-free within the contours assigned by Evaluation staff;
- Adapt to change by focusing efforts on highest priority tasks and maintaining focus and drive across different projects;
- Works smart on research projects that will be used either in programs or to drive program decision-making
- Hours: Monday – Thursday (Flexible, Min 30 hours)
- This opportunity will be fully virtual
- Education (Undergraduate or Master Program can also include if you’re enrolled or have completed an data certification training program)
- Strong attention to details and excel experience;
- Strong technical skills including fluency with Microsoft Excel (proficiency with vlookup, countif, pivot tables, charts preferred);Interest in data management and relational databases;
- Previous database experience or coursework would be a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Interest in working in an organization that focuses on social impact
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed and processed starting March 22, 2021.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.