Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the REAL Kids Program Manager, the REAL Kids Operations Intern will be responsible for supporting the site operations team with program administrative duties (ie: attendance/enrollment etc) . This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has an active interest in youth development and has a can-do attitude in serving our youth as best possible.
- Support with the enrollment process (i.e. scheduling, calendar management, etc.)
- Manage and organize instructional materials to ensure efficiency in distribution;
- Support individual and groups of youth and chaperone field trips, as needed;
- Support with family outreach and communication (i.e. mass mailing, and phone calls);
- Support with auditing of participant files;
- Support with day-to-day operations (i.e. front desk).
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.