Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Elementary Dean of Program, the School Support Intern will be responsible for creating and codifying documents, auditing student data and school resources as well as cross functional support. This is an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to learn more about the education field through a charter school lens.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
- Create and codify documents used for classwork such as unit(s) syllabi;
- Audit student data such as attendance as well as grading handbooks;Support with the design and distribution of schedules, handouts and feedback forms for summer training;
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop an Operational Handbook;
- Support with Student Life events in collaboration with the Family and Community Engagement team;
- Conduct classroom environment audit including audits of robust classroom libraries;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours: Monday-Thursdays: 10 am – 5 pm from Early June – Mid-August
- Location: Hybrid, Remote/In-Person
- Undergraduate status at an accredited University;
- Interest in the education field;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail;
- Proficient in Google suite apps;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed and processed starting March 22, 2021.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.