Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
- The Special Events Intern will gain behind the scenes knowledge of event-related logistics to help produce our annual fundraisers and school events:
- Help plan and execute Championship Day, our annual community block party in celebration of our REAL Kids summer program for over 1,000 attendees
- Support with designing, creating, and executing the overall system of ongoing solicitation strategy for silent auction, and gift bag sponsors
- Support with post-event wrap up such as reviewing and carrying out mailings to our donors
- Gain experience with Salesforce by learning to navigate the database to research donor information and create invoices
- Work closely with Senior Manager of Special Events & Special Events Coordinator on other events as needed
- Research, analyze and present various vendor options to team for event needs and other related projects
- Clerical Duties, including filing, data tracking, merchandise inventory, mailings, and Salesforce maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours: Monday-Fridays: 10 am – 5 pm from late May – Mid-August
- Location: East Harlem
- Undergraduate status at an accredited University;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and Internet);
- Ability to work & manage projects within a team structure as well as independently;
- Motivation, the ability to take initiative and use creative problem solving skills with an attention to detail Excellent organizational skills;
- Works well with quick deadlines;
- Sense of humor. Interest in working in an organization that focuses on social impact
- Prior event experience a plus
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.