At DSM, we are working to create brighter lives for all. A future that is rooted in our passion for science, finding smart solutions to solve society’s greatest challenges. A future which inspires us to step up, challenge conventions and progress together.
Bring your passion. Build the future.
Our Nutritional Products translational science and advocacy team is making bold progress and creating stunning science to support market claims and meet customer needs.
We are #hiring a PhD in Nutrition or a science-related area who’s looking to join a company that values health & wellness for our
Scientific Leader, Nutrition Science & Advocacy
Location: Parsippany, NJ
The Scientific Leader will interact with a variety of customers including dietary supplement, food and beverage companies, supplement producers, pharmaceutical companies, infant formula companies, government regulators, and key opinion leaders in scientific, food technology, and communication arenas. This individual must be able to function well on cross-functional teams and within a matrixed, international organization.
Are you ready to help respond to the needs of the customers in this segment? This role could be the perfect match for you!
You’ll have the opportunity to:
• Provide leadership and guide the development of nutrition science and communication strategies to support market development and sales of core products and other ingredients.
• Work in coordination with Legal and Regulatory on substantiation of claims and advocacy efforts.
• Partner with internal customers to set direction, priorities, resource allocations, milestones, and timeframes on project activities.
• Support marketing and sales to develop concepts, nutrition strategies, ingredient claims and substantiation.
• Organize and implement symposia at scientific meetings to educate and enhance awareness of the health benefits of DSM ingredients.
• Serve as DSM representative on NGO committees such as ILSI, GMA, CRN to advocate for DSMs position related to ingredients.
Get the reward to match your passion
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
At DSM, we Do Something Meaningful.
What we look for in you
We want a results oriented individual with the ability to be flexible and creative to manage a variety of projects. Help us delight our customers by building awareness of our innovative portfolio and creating value.
If you are a scientific leader who works well collaboratively with diverse functions and team members, you are welcome here. Would it motivate you to be part of an organization that makes brighter lives for all? This is YOUR opportunity!
What we like to see in your experience:
• Working knowledge of the R&D process and project management
• 2-4 years in a comparable role which includes team leadership experience
• Must have demonstrated ability to integrate scientific knowledge to achieve business goals; proven ability to design, analyze and interpret scientific studies including in vitro, animal and human studies
• Understanding of how to design, implement and manage human trials
• Business experience preferred
• PhD in Nutrition or science-related field
• Knowledge of nutrition, biochemistry, food science, dietetics, experimental design, statistics and industry experience
How to apply and what to expect in our recruitment process
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via the career portal (https://jobs.dsm.com/)
Pre-employment screenings are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information is required.
About DSM Nutritional Products- Better health, brighter lives.
At DSM we advocate healthy, enjoyable and accessible food and nutrition solutions for all, produced and consumed, respecting the limits of our planet. We’re one of the world’s leading producers of essential nutrients like vitamins, carotenoids, nutraceuticals and nutritional lipids; as well as solutions for the feed, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries.
Watch a video to see who we are here:
DSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.