Prestigious Midtown Law Firm seeks a versatile part-time legal receptionist to help run our welcome area. The hours are Wednesday through Friday from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, with the ability to occasionally cover from 8:30 to 6 pm. Prior experienced in a corporate environment is a plus.
In this role, you will be required to welcome visitors, answer and screen all calls. As a legal receptionist, your duties include scheduling appointments, handling inquiries, and managing deliveries. You may also be required to assist with filing.
To ensure success as a legal receptionist, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and competency in general office administration. Outstanding legal receptionists are polished professionals who create a positive first impression.
Legal Receptionist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming clients and visitors upon arrival, observing business etiquette, and maintaining a professional appearance at all times. Portray an attitude of congeniality with all staff, clients, vendors, and other visitors.
- Advise appropriate Firm personnel of client’s or guest’s arrival. Register all guests with security as long as a colleague approves.
- Maintain a neat, professional, and orderly reception area and conference rooms. With the assistance of Office Services, ensure that conference room trays are appropriately supplied with note pads, pens, etc.
- Answer, screen, and forward all incoming telephone calls professionally and direct them to appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Retrieve voice mail messages and relay them to the appropriate recipient.
- Maintain daily employee attendance records.
- Schedule and maintain conference room booking requests and amenities. Work with Office Services to prepare meeting facilities, and arranging refreshments, if required.
- Receive requests for and handle all catering orders for meetings via our Sharebite account. Responsible for arranging food/beverages and set up/clean-up of conference rooms before and after meetings.
- Assist with directing the flow of mail, faxes, and deliveries to reach the intended recipients.
- Assisting with scanning, faxing, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Handle special projects and other administrative/clerical tasks assigned by the Office Manager
Legal Receptionist Requirements:
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- Qualification in paralegal studies or similar preferred.
- Prior experience as a legal receptionist will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with legal terms, legal documents, and filing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, and appointment scheduling and call forwarding systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 1921, Dunnington, Bartholow & Miller LLP is a growing New York City-based international firm that maintains its core values of reliability, trustworthiness, and commitment to excellence. Dunnington provides a full array of legal services, including counsel in Corporate, Litigation, Employment, Trust & Estates, Intellectual Property (with Fashion and Art law), Real Estate, Immigration, and Not-for-Profit practice areas. The Firm is organized into practice teams focused on Italy, France, Latin America, and the United Kingdom. The Firm is also a member of the Cicero League of International Lawyers and the American Foreign Law Association.
As the Firm celebrates its centennial in 2021, we are dedicated to providing clients with a personalized approach for an efficient, cost-effective way to tackle the problems at hand. Dunnington Bartholow & Miller LLP is a signatory to the New York City Bar’s Statement of Diversity Principles and believes that through increased diversity, the legal profession can more effectively address societal and individual needs by bringing to bear more varied perspectives, experiences, and knowledge to the practice of law.
Dunnington, Bartholow & Miller is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities