DuPont Finance – Controllership Division, has multiple openings for Accounting Student Internships for the summer 2021. Assignments will be spread across a variety of accounting groups in the organization. These positions provide an excellent development opportunity to learn some of the following aspects of the interface between business and accounting:
- Assist team members with monthly accounting activities
- develop / Record journal entries
- ensure deadlines are met
- ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- generate invoices to be sent to affiliates
- perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Participation in process improvement projects
- work on enhancing / streamlining accounting and reporting processes
- work on issue resolution
- data mining and analysis
- Support the implementation of new systems or systems upgrades
- Experience in various business software or systems applications
- Exposure to the accounting operations of a multinational corporation
- Develop / update procedures and related documentation
- conduct benchmarking and competitive analyses
- First-hand exposure to a professional corporate office work environment
- Special activities and professional presentations for summer interns
- Valuable networking opportunities
- All positions are virtual
This job posting is for internship assignments for the period May or June through August or September, depending on and tailored to your university schedule.
Target Start Date = mid-May to early June 2021
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration in this student employment program:
- Available to work without interruption for at least two and preferably up to three months during the summer 2021.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university. Graduation date must be after the end of the internship period. Rising Seniors or rising Juniors preferred.
- Candidates should have an understanding of accounting concepts and principles and a facility for numbers.
- Academic major of Accounting (minor in MIS or double majors a plus)
- GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S. without restriction
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following capabilities:
- Desktop software skills, particularly knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (SAP a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to coordinate and prioritize various assignments
- Ability to research and analyze financial information, enjoying a heavy data and analysis component to your work.
- Ability to interact as a team player
- Ability to complete assignments responsibly and function independently
DuPont is a global company looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.