Our Electronics & Industrial site in Dayton, OH has an exciting internship available in analytical chemistry. This internship will help support R&D activities through the analysis of new products in our process development and analytical labs to support the DuPont Electronic Polymers business. The site produces a variety of high purity polymers used in semiconductor manufacturing applications.
The selected individual will report to the Technology Technical Supervisor a Ph.D. research investigator and work closely with an M.S. Analytical Chemist.
This position will provide experience in, but not limited to:
- Sample preparation and analysis utilizing GC-MS, GC, GPC, HPLC, and NMR
- Analytical method development for new products
- Maintaining the R&D analytical lab instrumentation
- Documentation of experiments
- Safely working in analytical and process development laboratories
Relocation and or travel assistance for interviews is not offered for this opportunity.
Dayton is known as the birthplace of aviation and is home to the Wright Patterson Airforce Base and Air Museum. Two major Universities, University of Dayton and Wright State are also in the area. The area is home to Fraze pavilion, southwestern Ohio’s premiere outdoor entertainment venue. An extensive system of well-maintained bike trails links many popular areas.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™. DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
In order to be qualified for this role, the following is required:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a B.S in Chemistry at an accredited 4-year institution
- Flexible with work assignment location/relocation
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction
- 3.0 GPA or higher strongly preferred
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and database experience
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.