Join our dynamic & growing non-profit organization. Get paid while helping to make a positive difference in the world! Work close to the beach in the Hamptons!
Benefits include: daily shift meal, gym access. Employees are eligible for health insurance, health savings account, and other benefits after 90 days of working 30+ hours per week.
The Food Production Associate is a motivated individual who helps fulfill our nonprofit mission to support, promote, and advocate for the farmers, vintners, fishermen, and other food producers and providers on the East End of Long Island. The Food Production Associate is a part-time or full-time temporary position reporting to the Associate Director, with the possibility of a more permanent position. The Food Production Associate works with the Chef-in-Residence to fulfill wholesale client orders, complete Farm to Community produce orders, as well as tasks associated with the smooth daily operations of the kitchen and related organizational activities. As we are a dynamic and growing organization, there is the potential for this temporary position to grow into a more permanent role. Some evening and weekend work may be required, however most shifts will be scheduled Monday – Friday between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Work with Chef-in-Residence to test, refine, and scale wholesale recipes.
- Exercise the utmost discretion with regard to recipes, production techniques, and trade secrets.
FOOD PRODUCTION & PACKAGING
- Ensure the quality of wholesale products by preparing items to the specifications detailed in EEFI’s recipe book and, in collaboration with the Chef-in-Residence.
- Ensure products meet all food safety standards, including packaging and labeling.
- Maintain a sanitary environment in the kitchen and dish-room by cleaning dishes and putting clean items away throughout each day.
- Complete other daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning projects as needed.
- Be alert to food safety issues and commit to reporting and addressing issues as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Ability to work within a team to maintain the highest quality and food safety standards.
- Experience with food preparation or manufacturing.
- Valid Suffolk County Food Managers Certificate or Serv-Safe Food Managers Certificate, or willingness to obtain.
- Commitment to the mission of East End Food Institute, and supporting local farmers & food producers.
- Experience with production/manufacturing of food products.
- Knowledge of New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets and federal food standards.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for full days during production in the kitchen.
- Familiarity with local farming and food community on the East End of Long Island, NY.
- Strong Spanish-language skills