Full-time Greenhouse Technicians for immediate hire. Are you passionate about horticulture, design, and enjoy working in a tropical oasis instead of an office? If so, we would love to have you join our team!
EcoWalls, a New Jersey based and award-winning firm, specializing in sustainable vertical landscapes, has partnered with Parker Plants, an industry leader with over 73 years of experience in interior plant landscaping and holiday displays, to establish Variant Plant Company. Specializing in the production of rare and unique aroids, ferns, and other unique tropical plant species, Variant Plant Company is a wholesale and direct-to-consumer nursery offering high quality plants to discerning our customers. We are currently seeking a greenhouse technician to assist us with nursery set up as well as daily horticultural operations. Greenhouse Technicians will work in our new climate-controlled greenhouse facility and the position will include the following responsibilities.
– Assist with new greenhouse set up including bench/rail fabrication, irrigation sequencing, and nursery layout.
– Crop management including potting, manual watering, pest management and pruning
– Automatic irrigation system operations
– Tropical plant propagation
– Maintaining plant inventory and propagation records
– Greenhouse sanitation including sterilizing equipment & benches, sweeping, and cleaning the greenhouse and warehouse
– Integrative pest management strategy (under the direction of a Greenhouse Grower)
– Occasional material transport
Candidates for the position shall posses the following skill set, experience, and level of education:
– High school diploma is a minimal requirement with 2 years of direct greenhouse/horticultural experience OR college degree with 1 year working experience in related industry (experience in tropical horticulture is a majoy plus but not required).
– Excellent organizational skills and time management
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Work well individually or as part of a team
– Ability to plan and prioritize
– Aptitude in problem solving
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
– Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to transport plant material on occasion
– Construction experience or experience with mechanical repair is a plus
– Ability to stand for extended periods, lift, and bending
– Ability to work comfortably in warm conditions and outside
– Ability to lift 50 lbs.
– Ability to operate power tools, forklift (with training)
– Climb ladders and adhere to safety guidelines
– Follow EPA and other safety guidelines for integrative pest management and at work at all times
– Willingness to work one weekend day per week and some holidays
Benefits and Pay:
– Full-time position starting at $14 – $16/ hr commensurate with experience level. Opportunities for promotion.
– Shared benefits including medical and dental.
– Paid vacation and sick time
Interested candidates shall send resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or can submit directly through Handshake for consideration. Variant Plant Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disabilities.