Re-Entry Employment Services Intern
EDSI is an organization powered by positivity and a healthy life/work balance. Our commitment to employee growth with a competitive benefits package, employee-driven professional development, and quality of service delivery has earned us the following awards over the years: 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, Top Workplaces and Crain’s Cool Places to Work, and Certified B Corporation.
EDSI’s award-winning track record is built on our Chief Servant Leader’s vision to help great companies and communities train and retain great people. The company has a reputation for excellence, strives to solve problems and innovate, and is known as an inspiring organization that effects real change. Four decades later EDSI is continuing to grow at an average of 15% yearly.
Are you ready to join our team of forward-thinking professionals who exemplify our “Show Up, Smile, and Support” core values? #edsitalent
COVID-19 safety practices are in place.
- Job Tracking ID : 512181-780047
- Job Level : Any
- Job Type : Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated : 07/06/2021
- Years of Experience : Not Applicable
- Salary : 12.50/hr
Location: PA CareerLink of Lancaster County, 1016 N. Charlotte Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
When: Spring, Summer, Fall Semester Start Dates
Full or Part Time: 15-35 hours per week (negotiable)
Ideal Majors and Interest Area: Criminal Justice, Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Communications, or related field
Description of CareerLink and Re-Entry Services Department:
The PA CareerLink of Lancaster County was formed in 2000 when 14 employment, social service, and education organizations agreed to work together as one entity at its current Liberty Place location. County residents come to the PA CareerLink to search for jobs, be connected to services in the community, upgrade their skills, look for new careers, and utilize the connections that we have with local businesses that want to hire.
Our goal in the Re-Entry Services Department is to help in the process of reintegrating former prisoners into the community, reduce prison recidivism, and improve public safety through addressing the educational, employment, healthcare, housing, and other needs of prisoners re-entering society by providing support and connection to needed services in the community after prisoners have been released. Our main concentration is helping clients with criminal backgrounds reenter the workforce by putting them through a multicomponent program where they gain foundation skills and soft skills, as well as gain occupational training to stick out to employers and land a job where they can make a living wage.
Responsibilities for intern include but are not limited to:
Interns will have direct interaction with clients which includes assisting in assessment of client needs, monitoring of clients meeting program goals, connecting clients to services provided in the community, assisting in workshop instruction and intake process, etc. An important aspect of this internship is also helping in ensuring that the department is organized, and the necessary processes and procedures are taking place. Entering data into an online database concerning what services our clients have received will be one of the main duties of interns. Interns may also be assisting in formatting reports and in the analysis of data for reporting.
Please send resume and letter of interest to the Re-Entry Services Department at the CareerLink of Lancaster, via email at email@example.com with the subject line “Re-Entry Services Intern Interest”
Experience and Skills
- Must have reliable form of transportation
- Must be committed and dependable
- Candidate should be looking to complete a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field
- Candidate should demonstrate superior communication and organizational skills
- Candidate should demonstrate advanced computer literacy and be proficient in using basic software and navigating the internet
- Passion for working with this clientele and making an impact
- Positive, energetic, “can-do” attitude, and great people skills
- Willing and able to take on all different types of responsibilities
- Can operate independently and demonstrate strong team/collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented, good follow-up skills, and be able to work well under deadlines in a fast-paced environment