EG&R Engineering is a fast-growing engineering firm located in Cranbury, NJ. EG&R provides Electrical Engineering services for the Power Industry including electrical utilities, power plants, renewables, transit authorities, and more.
EG&R is seeking an Entry Level Electrical Engineer who is self-motivated and ready to contribute to the future success of EG&R Engineering PC. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of our team, please forward your resume to NamitaB@egrengineering.com.
Main responsibilities include working in project teams with other Electrical Engineers involved in the design of electrical protection & control and/or physical layout design deliverables for Power Plants and Substations.
- Work alongside Senior Electrical Engineers and Designers on the development of electrical designs and specifications for Power Plants, Substations, Transit sites, etc.
- Physical substation design, sections and details, grounding, lightning protection, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC/DC power systems, and associated bills of material
- Protection and control design including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring and relay panel wiring
- Prepare calculations for studies and reports (grounding, lighting protection, AC/DC load studies, etc.)
- Prepare equipment specifications for procurement
- Provide short term field support during construction
- Bachelor of Science/Master’s degree in electrical engineering (Power Distribution/Power Systems) from an accredited institution.
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
- Aptitude to work in a team environment and take direction from Lead Engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-Starter, proactive, ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Desire to obtain Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification and ultimately Professional Engineer (PE) license