Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
We’re looking for a thoughtful, meticulous candidate to support our Event Operations team, with a focus on assisting with the implementation of event registration platforms and tech for the Global Events Team.
You are someone with a strong interest in event technology, who embraces challenges, is willing – and actually likes! – to get deep into spreadsheets (can perform complex functions), document requirements, and learn the backend of new tech platforms; is passionate about EA, and excited to jump start a career in event operations and technology.
The Global Events Team at EA exists to create stronger bonds between our guests and Electronic Arts. We’re committed to leading the category with the most personal, engaging, inviting, and rewarding events in the industry, that make every guest feel valued. You understand and believe in the role event technology and registration serves in that goal and are excited to help us write the playbook we’ll use moving forward through the ever-evolving landscape of digital and hybrid events.
- Support Event Technology Producer in the development of the internal registration system and management of external systems. This will include but not be limited to: assisting with writing feature briefs, supporting event setup in our current tools, uploading assets, backend troubleshooting, user acceptance testing, and documenting features required to best serve all EA events across the board.
- You will become an expert in digital event and registration tools used by the Global Events Team, including 3rd party vendor tools, Microsoft excel – can maintain several tracking spreadsheets and complex spreadsheets – internal Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Infrastructure Operations, and EA/Origin Access.
- Help anticipate and document new event needs in the digital and hybrid event space, including security, privacy, and legal requirements, to help us maintain best practices.
- Research event industry and technology to help identify new opportunities for innovation and creativity.
- Assist and lead special projects that are important to the operations of the team.
- Support Global Events Team with tactical operations – registration, guest experience, and security – for events across the portfolio.
- Return on investment Tracking and Data Analytics – Work with our team and partners to maximize data capture for deeper analytics on players and event attendees to connect back to larger EA projects.
- Bachelor’s student focused on business, technology, marketing or liberal arts, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2021.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience with event operation tools or registration technology
- Organized: we’re talking “Type A” coordination!
- Tactical: able to manage a high volume of work priorities with many moving parts.
- Strong interpersonal skills: you will work with numerous remote colleagues and across many different departments within the company.
- Quick-witted: knows how to research new vendors, best practices and special projects.
- Willing to jump in and help with big projects and learn on the go.
- Strategic: you can see the bigger picture and develop new ideas to improve and grow events.