ABOUT EMBRACE RELIEF
Embrace Relief is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit international humanitarian aid and development organization dedicated to improving the lives of those most in need. With a strong belief in compassion and humanity, Embrace Relief uses these values to help others live a better, more sustainable life. Our programs include refugee relief, women’s economic empowerment, healthcare initiatives, and disaster relief, among others.
Social Media Interns will manage all social media platforms of the organization including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts to ensure that Embrace Relief followers and the public are informed about our work. Candidates will be responsible for assisting with website design projects, creating and monitoring the organization’s blog and media platforms, and designing and executing the organization’s social media strategy and content. Social Media interns are expected to participate in online outreach and promotion as well as take initiative to increase the organization’s social media presence.
Student Learning Outcomes Include:
- Creatively strategize and execute social media content output
- Regularly update and interact with followers on all social media platforms
- Collaborate with web developer and graphic design interns to design fundraising campaigns, weekly donor newsletters and other online documents
- Work with research and development team to develop online documents and social media content to publicize programs and campaigns
- Create compelling, engaging blog and social media content
- Manage and foster community engagement via all social media platforms
- Search and communicate with other organizations to establish new social media partnerships, collaborations, and ventures
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Strong understanding of social media content creation
- Proficient in photo editor applications
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to grow and develop social media communities
We provide supervision by a professional with expertise and educational background in Social Media management. Routine feedback is also available upon request by the intern. There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by Embrace Relief that support learning objectives and goals.
This is an unpaid internship, but will provide interns with a vast amount of experience and useful transferable skills. College credits are available and interns will gain context to the academic concepts learned in class. Students in Media, Public Relations, Marketing, and Communication fields are encouraged to apply.
Include a link of social media channels you currently manage or have managed in the past in your application if available.