A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Senior Quality Process Engineer is responsible for Data Analysis related to the Quality of our raw materials, processes and final product. Our site produces very diverse liquid chemicals used by the semiconductor industry requiring exceptional quality, low impurities, and lot-to-lot consistency. In addition to commercial production, the site has a very strong R&D presence requiring support of new products and methodologies.
- Analyze new and historical data. Evaluate trends, correlations, set statistical control limits, define OCAP procedures.
- Use ANOVA, Partial Least Squares, Multivariate Analysis, predictive modeling (e.g. Partial Least Squares), regression analysis and other statistical techniques on existing and experimentation data.
- Set up workflows with Software systems (e.g. JMP, Excel, Minitab, Comet, SAP).
- Own select change projects and associated qualification experiments.
Who you are:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics or related field
- 2+ years’ work experience in the chemical industry
- 2+ years’ experience or Education using statistical data analysis.
- MS or PhD in a data science field
- SAP Experience
- Management experience
- Experience in the Semiconductor Industry
- Experience in Lab / Cleanroom environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience with statistical methods and tools (e.g. JMP, Excel. Minitab)
- Experience working directly with vendors and customers