Co-op – Accounting and Finance Multiple Positions Available (Spring 2022 Semester)
Requisition ID: (21009036)
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Sidney
Job Function: University Programs
Job Posting Date: Sep 2, 2021, 1:57:59 PM
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are an Accounting/Fianance student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to general accounting, cost accounting, and financial analysis activities completed by their respective teams. You will assist with financial reporting and planning activities as well as profitability analysis and projects that support the Company’s strategic objectives.
AS AN ACCOUNTING & FINANCE CO-OP, YOU WILL:
- Assist with month-end closing and forecasting activities
- Compile ad hoc and other internal analysis
- Assist with budget and planning process
- Prepare product cost information
- Interact with management, operations, marketing, and other functions
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Ability to work the required schedule (Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during the scheduled term
- Legal authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Sophomore or higher class status preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Prior Co-op or Internship experience