What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
The HR Co-ops will support current initiatives and improvement projects for Emerson Climate Group and Sidney Operations Human Resources departments. They will be assigned a variety of tasks, primarily supporting Employment, Benefits, and Employee Relations functions. The opportunity to support projects pertaining to Compensation, Training and Development, and Safety may also arise.
AS A CO-OP HUMAN RESOURCES YOU WILL:
- Assist with Co-op, Salaried, and/or Hourly Recruiting; opportunity to attend Career Fairs
- Review resumes and assist managers with the recruitment process
- Sit in on Co-op and Full-time interviews with the opportunity to conduct interviews as needed
- Assist with new hire orientation and paperwork
- Support communication plans
- Support Benefits Department in audits, pensions, and retirement documentation processes
- Assist with employee and labor relations, morale events, and recognition programs
- Conduct Co-op exit interviews
One of Emerson’s core values is: Support our People.
Employee development is a top priority for Emerson. Employees receive opportunities for professional development, further education, training and individual career development. Emerson encourages both lateral and vertical movement within the company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organization skills, analytical skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a specialization in either.
- Strongly prefer a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status
- A 2nd or 3rd year student with the availability of multiple term rotations.
- Previous related co-op/intern experience in HR (corporate or manufacturing environment) or customer service.