What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
During their term, Supply Chain Management and Logistics Co-ops will develop an increased level of understanding in Supply Chain processes (i.e. Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, and Lean Process Improvement Tools), identify and support cost reduction opportunities, and support the different functioning areas across the Supply Chain. It is also an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with Oracle ERP and Business Intelligence tools and systems. The areas these Co-ops support can include Global Logistics and Distribution Services, Plant, Engineering, MRO, and Commodity and Program Manager Functions.
AS A CO-OP SUPPLY CHAIN & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT, YOU WILL:
- Complete projects and tasks related to inventory control, transportation, and logistics
- Assist with data and Excel-based analysis to support projects related to inventory management and supply chain improvement with external suppliers and internal supply networks.
- Support Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Pricing (RFP) processes
- Analyze data and report findings in regard to supplier performance issues, inventory levels, and logistics initiatives
- Support import operations, cycle counting program, tracking of supplier parts to minimize delivery issues
- Prepare and analyze Kanban calculations and implement changes to loop sizes to replenish warehouses
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Attend project related and management level meetings
One of Emerson’s core values is: Support our People.
Employee development is a top priority for Emerson. Employees receive opportunities for professional development, further education, training and individual career development. Emerson encourages both lateral and vertical movement within the company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate Student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during scheduled term.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Logistics.
- Sophomore or higher standing preferred.
- Strongly prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and decision