Location: Toms River, NJ
HOURS: 3-6pm Weekdays (some onsite and some virtual). Times may be flexible with client.
Shifts required and hours per week (10-20 hours/week needed):
- 2-4 hour shift windows
- Weekdays depending on the needs of the client
Type: In-home case & virtual
Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst©, the Behavior Therapist provides direct in-home/community-based Applied Behavior Analysis, ABA, therapy services for children diagnosed on the autism spectrum. This position is The Behavior Technician will:
- Implement programs based on ABA principles increasing communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Keep clients motivated to learn and provide reinforcement for achieved skills.
- Accurately keep a record of client’s progress.
- Manage challenging behaviors that occur.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Travel to client’s homes/community settings, as required for service delivery.
An Ideal candidate would:
- Have a background in Applied Behavior Analysis and/or managing challenging behaviors with children (preferred).
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (in Education, Psychology or related field preferred).
- Have previous experience working with children (preferred).
- Be able to play and engage children.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: spoken and written
- Weekend and part-time, availability in the PM (3:00 and after)
- Possess a driver’s license with reliable transportation and auto insurance for driving to clients.
- Have access to a working cell phone.
- Be CPR and First Aid certified (preferred).
- Walking, occasional running, standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, reaching above head, pulling, bending, and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Work may involve playing with children that can occur on the floor or settings where the furniture is child-size.
- Diligently attending to the safety of the patient and surroundings is required.
- Quick and sudden movements may be required.
- Sustained physical exertion may be required for up to 45 minutes.
Training and assessment will be provided for staff to become successful Behavior Technicians / Interventionist. Our training programs and evaluation systems are aligned with the standards for this credential per the Behavior Analyst Certification Board©
Learn about us: www.emittherapeutics.com
If you have experience in the following fields, we encourage you to apply:
Behavior Analyst, Autism, Social Learning, Social Skills, Developmental Condition, Part Time, Psychology, Social Services, Children, ABA, Childcare, Teacher Assistant, Teacher’s aide, Preschool Teacher, Paraprofessional, Youth Program Coordinator, Direct Support Professionals, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Behavioral Health Technician, Babysitting, Court-appointed special advocate, Mental Health Specialist, Camp Counselor, Coach, Working with Children, Caregiver, Hospice Care, Respite Care.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour