Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
Based at our Midtown Manhattan office, the Data Analyst Intern will support energy analysis and data collection initiatives. You will develop an understanding of energy policy and building energy consumption. Your day-to-day will be to assist with energy modeling and calculations, technical data entry, and providing support for senior management projects. This internship is the ideal opportunity for students or recent graduates to gain valuable hands-on experience in energy management, building science, and lighting systems.
– Communicate with stakeholders for data procurement (e.g., utility bills, client lists, etc.)
– Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
– Support team energy analysis and data collection initiatives
– Support senior management projects, including research initiatives
– Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
– Pursuing or recently received a degree in engineering, environmental science/studies, or other equivalent experience
– Interest in HVAC systems, renewable energy systems, and energy efficiency concepts
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
– Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens
Required Personal Qualifications:
– Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
– Collaborative personality, strong team player
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
– Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
– Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
– Pre-tax Phone Stipend
– Employee Assistance Program
– Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.