Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
Based at our Midtown Manhattan office, the Energy Project Coordinator plays a key role in facilitating the execution of EN‑POWER’s services, including client acquisition, award-winning proposal responses, and rebate and incentive securement. The Energy Project Coordinator is also responsible for helping facilitate building energy analysis, data quality and collection, and energy benchmarking, specifically NYC Local Law 87 and Local Law 84/133.
● Manage and facilitate rebate and incentive applications for various rebate programs administered by the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) and utility companies, including but not limited to FlexTech, Clean Heating and Cooling (CHC), and ConEd and National Grid rebate programs, by:
○ helping identify and recommend clients for programs as directed by senior management;
○ managing and submitting program applications, including energy data submission and necessary forms, photos, and other documentation;
○ managing, scheduling, and conducting client onboarding calls with programming staff; and
○ supporting and helping manage deliverable creation, including technical reports and completion documentation under lead engineer and auditor management.
● Support business development, energy analysis, and data collection initiatives by:
○ creating, submitting, and managing project proposals by communicating with current and potential clients and working with senior staff;
○ manage client and stakeholder building information in company database, including data entry and requests;
○ communicating with stakeholders for data procurement (e.g., utility bills, client lists, weather data, etc.);
○ requesting, retrieving, and reporting energy benchmarking information, including but not limited to NYC Local Law 87 and Local Law 84 via Portfolio Manager; and
○ analyzing utility bills to identify building energy consumption to aid in developing energy management plans.
● Investigate, recommend, and develop response for proposal (RFP) and response for qualification (RFQ) opportunities sponsored by NYSERDA, utility and energy companies, and private clients by:
○ identifying, researching, and recommending potential programs for proposals and grants;
○ assisting with response administration, including investigating requirements, monitoring, responding, submitting, and tracking statuses;
○ supporting application and proposal submissions, including necessary documentation, forms, and other collateral;
○ keeping abreast of changes in Federal, State, and City policy and other changes in the industry in order to identify potential rebate, incentive, and other programs EN-POWER should join; and
○ participating in relevant trade associations, external partnerships, networking events, etc., as required.
● Support senior management projects, including research initiatives with company and City-wide data sets.
● Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/studies, business, or economics, or other equivalent experience
● Previous corporate experience, preferably in the sustainability or energy sector, a plus
● Interest in energy efficiency concepts, clean energy, sustainability, carbon emissions, building energy use, public policy initiatives, energy industry market business trends, and rebate/incentive programs
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
● Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens
● Authorized to work in the United States
Required Personal Qualifications:
● Demonstrated passion for public policy and business trends regarding energy, sustainability, carbon emissions, and building systems
● Collaborative personality, strong team player
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
● Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
● Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
● Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Flexible PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Pre-tax Phone Stipend
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.