Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long‑term facility planning and maximize project payback.
Based in our Midtown Manhattan office, the Mechanical Design Engineer plays a key role with the implementation of large energy efficiency capital projects. The ideal candidate will have design experience with HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems in the commercial and multifamily building sector. They will join a collaborative team that develops technical and design solutions from feasibility through construction.
– Prepare construction documents for HVAC and plumbing design including drawings, specifications, and NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) filings
– Perform site visits to document as-built conditions and prepare plans and specifications to reflect design scope
– Perform load calculations, size, select equipment, and prepare detailed specifications for HVAC equipment such as chillers, boilers, heat pumps, air-handling units, etc.
– Size hydronic, steam, and air distribution systems
– Work closely with various external stakeholders, such as clients, contractors, and utility companies to meet project goals and schedules
– Collaborate with internal team members such as energy and control engineers, sales associates, and design team members to meet project and design goals
– Review and revise shop drawings, perform construction administration duties, and support project close out efforts via commissioning and punch list creation activities
– Manage NYC DOB filings with clients, expeditors, and contractors
– Prepare renderings and supporting graphics for project presentation and sales efforts
– Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Job Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program
– One to four years of mechanical design experience
– Possess or working towards NYS PE license
– Proficiency in AutoCAD
– Familiarity with NYS and NYC Construction Codes
– Proficiency of mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and methods
– Familiarity of structural, electrical, and control engineering design principles, practices, and methods
– Demonstrated ability to manage design projects through each project phase with close attention to project accuracy, quality, completeness, and schedule
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
– Understanding of energy efficiency concepts and building science
– Ability to apply visualization design tools to synthesize building and equipment information
– Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator a plus.
– Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens
Required Personal Qualifications:
– Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and HVAC design
– Collaborative personality, strong team player
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
– Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
– Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
– Medical and Dental Insurance
– Paid Vacation and Flexible PTO
– 401(k) Retirement Plan
– Pre-tax Travel & Phone Stipend
– Annual Professional Development Allowance
– Employee Assistance Program
– Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview, we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.