EnergyHub is expanding our product team and looking for a hard-working and creative Product Manager with a strong interest in building great software products that help make the electric grid greener and more reliable.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for pieces of our solution involving smart inverters, active load shaping, and forecasting.
At EnergyHub, the product team is involved in almost every facet of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across the organization — from software engineering to marketing to business development to QA to support. We work collaboratively, so in addition to owning your features from end to end, you will also have the opportunity to weigh in across the portfolio on projects ranging from figuring out how to supercharge customer participation to designing grid-scale energy management applications to launching web services for partner integrations.
- Own and contribute to the entire product development lifecycle: discovering requirements, writing specs, wireframing, working with engineers, and making sure the product gets out the door on time
- Gather market feedback, work with clients, and ensure that we’re building the right products to meet our customers’ needs
- Run qualitative and quantitative product research to figure out what customers want from our products and services
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams to prioritize our roadmap and build consensus around a product vision
- Generate ideas and advocate for new product features and enhancements
- Work on pieces of our solution that involve smart inverters, active load shaping, and forecasting. This will include:
- Software to manage and coordinate smart inverters in solar and energy storage applications
- Machine learning-based algorithms that forecast and optimize the control of hundreds of thousands of individual devices in virtual power plants
- Interaction between VPPs and wholesale energy markets
- Integration with utility operational systems
- 3+ years of software product management experience
- Educational or professional background in power systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch awesome products
- Be a proven self-starter, who is motivated and has a track record of delivering results
- Strong design and usability sense; you should also be able to step into the user’s shoes and be their advocate
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time-management skills
- A quantitative and analytical aptitude and a desire to make decisions informed by data
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade: Google Apps, Balsamiq, JIRA, Excel, Photoshop/Sketch, and querying databases for analysis
Nice to have:
- Experience with enterprise SaaS products
- Experience working in the energy technology or IoT space
- Familiarity with modern software engineering tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with modern grid management and planning tools and frameworks
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.