Epic Games Physics Simulation team is looking for a smart, creative programming Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Physics Simulation team is a passionate and experienced team of engineers working to build new and exciting simulation technologies inside Unreal Engine for both our games and our engine users across a multitude of platforms.
Working with our team involves working on the Chaos physics engine with other team members and collaborating with other teams to further enhance the quality, usability and performance of our physical simulations and surrounding tools.
- Collaborate directly with the Physics Simulation team to support the development of simulation technologies
- Work closely with other teams to support simulation needs across the whole company
- Optimize, fix and improve existing Chaos systems
- Produce clear and maintainable code
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Perusing Undergrad or Graduate Degree in CS, Physics, or Related Field
- Demonstrably strong C++ programming ability
- Strong mathematics and or physics background
- Understanding of physics engine basics (integration, collision detection and response, queries, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in real-time physical simulations
- Experience with developing for a multithreaded environment
- Experience with Unreal Engine desired, completion of relevant Unreal Learning modules https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/onlinelearning-courses preferred
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.