Epic Games R&D Team is looking for smart, creative Research Interns to join them for summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Research focus areas include:
Graphics and Vision
- Neural and inverse rendering
- Dynamic 3D reconstruction and modeling
- Material reflectance capture and modeling
- Face and body detection and tracking
- Face, body, and hair dynamic capture systems
- Generative animation models
- Speech animation
- Style transfer
Machine Learning / AI
- Cross-platform runtime inference optimization
- Reinforcement learning / imitation learning for autonomous agents
- AI assisted creative tools, e.g. auto-rigging, geometry LOD, animation
- Must be currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program pursuing research in computer graphics, computer vision, machine learning, AI or related disciplines.
- Experience demonstrated through publication in top-tier conferences is preferred.
This is a paid internship, running May through August 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week in a remote capacity to support our Pittsburgh studio. Intern recruitment will run through February 2021, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!