EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Product Designer who will help design powerful, customer-focused video experiences. Our product team leads the vision for all internal and external products that touch our users digitally. Our mission is to provide our users with the best experience that reflects all the great content our brand carries.
A passion for detail, organization, innovation, and accessible design will be paramount in your work. As a champion for our process and design system, you will be instrumental in decision-making, assisting designers and supporting our engineers.
- Apply your expertise in user experience design and creative problem solving to develop striking and impactful design solutions for EPIX streaming video products
- Define our user experience through collaboration across product management, architecture and engineering partners in conjunction with stakeholders
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Contribute to all aspects of creating and communicating our design system
- Consult with product team designers to ensure effective use of the design system
- Partner with platform engineers to understand technical constraints, requirements and platform norms in order to ensure components are implemented and working as designed
- Identify opportunities to improve and expand the system by understanding the ongoing needs of product and engineering teams through collaboration
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Design, Human Computer Interface, or equivalent practical experience
- Skilled in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Framer, Principle, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum 4 years of relevant design experience, with at least 1 year working on design systems
- Attention to detail — whether in execution of design solutions, or organization and maintenance of files and component libraries
- Passionate about collaboration, especially across disciplines
- Experience designing for Web, iOS, Android, or TV apps
- Knowledge of front-end UI coding tools (HTML5, CSS, JS, GitHub) and an appetite for staying current on technology trends.
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design, Material Design as well as Human Interface best practices
- Self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, and a team player
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment; comfortable working under time constraints and pressure
- Collaborates effectively with interaction designers, product managers, and developers
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
What’s nice to have:
- A passion for the entertainment space
- Experience creating a design system from the ground up
- Experience with a multi-platform design system
- Experience working for a streaming service or a premium television network
EPIX ® , an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises — all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman’s butler Alfred; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem’s Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; ; season two of War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; dramedy Bridge and Tunnel, written and directed by Ed Burns; seasons one and two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.