CIVILIAN is looking for a Video Production/Editing Intern.
With its theme “Conscious Style,” CIVILIAN is a print/digital magazine with quality-art content featuring fashion, lifestyle, culture, and intimate dialogues. Past covers and pages have been graced by major and diverse talents like Agnez Mo, Estelle, Rumer Willis, Peter Facinelli, Jess Glynne, Aidan Alexander, Dinah Jane, Ben Barnes, Margaret Cho, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Cara Santana, and many more.
- Assist production crews with content creation, video shoots, and post-production.
- Research and brainstorm new content and develop pitches.
- Maintain video equipment.
- Work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights.
- Read articles from CIVILIAN Magazine and archives and write coverage for review by development executives.
- Update and maintain status reports and slate grids.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant academic, content development, digital video production, and post-production experience.
- Interest in scripted and unscripted, digital and longform, content development, and production.
- Experience with a variety of video cameras.
- Experience and proficiency with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to research, report, and tell stories for a variety of platforms.
- Sound journalistic judgment and awareness of culture, current events, and trends.
- Interest in current events and emerging digital video trends.
- Proficiency using Google suite, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms preferred.
We’re located in Midtown Manhattan.