At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
Passionate about Learning and Development? We are looking for a highly collaborative intern with a go-getter attitude that is ready to jump in and make an impact on Day 1. You’ll be working with The Perform and Develop Squad who is responsible for the design and deployment of talent, learning and performance initiatives for Equitable. Each day we wake up ready to take on our mission to be bold pioneers by delivering experiences that pave the way for excellence and growth! Interested?
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop new engaging learning experiences
- Create learning materials in support of existing training and development programs
- Manage Equitable’s learning management system to support learners
- Drive engagement in company learning activities through a variety of communication channels
- Enhance current learning assessment approach and analyze metrics to assess program success and business impact, as well as identify gaps/opportunities
- Oversee direct communications with learners – respond to inquiries and escalate issues as needed
- Partner with team members to manage virtual learning events
Candidates for this position may be able to work remotely from a home-based office.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program with a focus on Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design or a related concentration
- Ability to work 40 hours per week June – August
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with digital learning software and/or video authoring tools is a plus (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360)
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptable and able to pivot based on changing priorities
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.