Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
SIGN ON BONUS*:
$3000 – Full time; $2500 – Part time
*Available for new hires who start before December 31, 2021 and remain in the same status through the payout date.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing clinical care to residents on neighborhood according to the nursing standards of practice, board of nursing and Erickson Living standards.
How you will make an impact:
- Developing relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the resident’s physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the resident first.
- Assessing, observing and evaluating resident’s clinical condition, document findings in resident electronic medical record and notify the provider and/or RN when necessary.
- Updating or modifying care plans as needed to reflect any changes to a resident’s care and service needs.
- Supervising and leading care associates.
- Administering medications timely, accurately and according to orders.
- Participating in meetings related to resident outcomes and care.
- Responding to residents, family or responsible party in a timely and professional manner.
- Participating in the review of clinical indicator reviews – falls, wounds, nutrition, antipsychotic use, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by RN clinical leader.
What you with offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- One of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical /Vocational Nursing program.
- A minimum of one year experience in assisted living, home health or long term care preferred.
- A passion to care for seniors and a strong resident advocate.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.