ERM is looking for part-time Environmental Inspection and Sampling Technicians to work hours at various warehouse and distribution centers in the Roanoke, VA area for an ongoing environmental sampling and inspection project. Training will be provided for all site-specific security and sampling procedures, and travel and expenses will be reimbursed. This is an on-call, part-time position.
- Travel to warehouse and distribution facilities in the Roanoke, VA area.
- Collect storm water samples from parking lot outfalls after a qualifying rain event. Would be alerted approximately 4-8 hours before sampling is required. Work is weather-dependent (i.e., must be raining) and will be conducted during daylight hours.
- Conduct environmental inspections of warehouse and distribution facilities and exterior operating areas and record observations using inspection forms.
- The inspections and sampling support compliance with environmental regulations concerning spill prevention, waste water, stormwater, storage tanks, and waste management.
- Must be able to follow sampling protocol and complete chain-of-custody documentation, and deliver samples to a central location on site.
- Must be flexible to accommodate frequent changes in schedules.
- Ability to work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with ERM Project Manager and client staff during field activities.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to pass background check/drug screen.
- Available for part time.
- A working vehicle, current driver’s license, good driving record, ability to drive to various facilities and either personal vehicle or ability to rent a vehicle.
- Ideal candidate has prior experience collecting samples.
- Availability to sample on varying days.
- Effective observational and organizational skills and experience recording technical data.
- Only local candidates will be considered for this position.