ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Consultant, Air Quality who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland.
In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on air quality, due environmental compliance and due diligence transaction projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging projects for large, leading, global clients. Access to ERM’s experts provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team, and builds relevant professional experience.
- Conduct air quality analyses, assess regulatory compliance, and perform regulatory applicability evaluations.
- Develop complete and accurate air quality permits for Title V, PSD, and New Source Review compliance. Interact with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify air pollutant emissions and impacts.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, spill prevention, and water quality programs.
- Perform EHS compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Support the development and implementation of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general EHS compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance, as needed.
- Perform due diligence projects involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally.
- Conduct due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, and including broad-based compliance.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- BS in chemical, environmental, or energy engineering, environmental science, or related discipline. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 2 years of relevant environmental experience, direct consulting, or professional internships.
- Skills in environmental regulatory compliance and/or contaminated site management
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal; and organizational skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Experience writing comprehensive technical reports and reviewing technical data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point programs. Microsoft Access, VBA Excel programming, and Power BI a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!