Guernsey Power Station is a $1.6 billion, 1,875 MW, 3x1x1 GE 7HA.02 combined cycle electric generating facility under construction in Guernsey County, OH. The Plant Engineer will primarily be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities concerned with design, construction, modification, compliance, operation and maintenance of power plant equipment and systems.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the resolution/prevention of equipment problems. Lead or participate in plant Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Management of Change (MOC) processes to ensure corrective actions, repairs or modifications are appropriate and timely in their execution.
- Work with Maintenance and Operations personnel to evaluate and resolve equipment and system issues.
- Assist with periodic maintenance and troubleshooting of the facility’s instrument and control equipment including the Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Provide comprehensive power plant performance, leadership, and support. Analyze, monitor, and report plant and system performance and condition through assessment of operational and maintenance data.
- Develop and/or review the Planned Maintenance (PM) activities for power plant equipment and systems.
- Direct the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Responsible for troubleshooting plant issues, using technical knowledge in recommending course of action; aptitude for determining causes of failure.
- Identify, evaluate, and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Manage all site related NERC compliance activities including program setup, administration, procedures, and recordkeeping for a Medium Impact Program facility.
- Support the startup and commissioning of the power station including the participation in system walkdowns, punchlist identification and warranty discovery.
- Support all Loss Prevention Audits and the tracking of site recommendations.
- Produce accurate, timely, and informative reports, both internal and external.
- Participate and support the planning, preparation, scheduling, and work scope development for scheduled plant outages.
- Focus on areas for plant improvement including the areas of fuel savings, heat rate, safety, cost reduction, and operational simplicity. Provides technical guidance for projects that are implemented to address these issues.
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager.
- Write project scope and material specifications for bid, analyze proposals, and recommend awards.
- Provide budgetary support for assigned projects.