WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit passionate about our mission to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through understanding and addressing the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment. As a learning organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas, collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships. We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. With the purpose of reducing disparities and increasing equity in health and education, we uplift and support our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
· HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
· Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
· Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
· School-based health and wellness
We achieve our vision and mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation and scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Reporting to the ATOD Director, the Technical Assistance Coordinator (PCI) will coordinate and ensure delivery of a portion of the Tobacco Education Clearinghouse of California (TECC) project scope of work with input and guidance from supervisor. The Technical Assistance Coordinator will identify and build relationships with all California Department of Public Health, California Tobacco Control Program (CDPH/CTCP) grantees and provide them technical assistance with developing print and digital educational materials. This includes developing actionable messages in plain language that inspire behavior change, translating health jargon and complex concepts into accessible content for consumers, and making content recommendations based on health literacy and communication best practices. Assists in writing reports such as annual staff evaluations, proposals, re-applications and progress reports. Plan and design specific project deliverables with oversight of supervisor.
· You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
· You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
· You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
· You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
· You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
· BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field.
· Three to five years’ experience within area of expertise.
· Minimum of one-year experience as Project Coordinator.
· Strong skills in group facilitation and presentation.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Highly developed people skills; ability to work with diverse groups of people.
· Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and supporting applications, including internet, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with limited supervision.
· Ability to provide initiative and oversee a project with multiple tasks from conception to completion as directed.
· Ability to balance completion of designated project tasks, both short and long-term, with the performance of routine duties.
· Ability to meet short deadlines, and willingness to work additional hours during deadline periods.
· Ability to travel as assigned.
· Valid driver’s license, acceptable DMV record and proof of auto insurance required.
· MPH preferred.
· Demonstrated writing skills and understanding of clear communication principles and behavior change theory.
· Experience writing messages with an equity lens for multicultural and underrepresented audiences.
· Experience developing health education materials and basic knowledge of human-centered design principles.
· Have an understanding of the broad tobacco control landscape and how educational material development is integrated throughout.
Location: CA (only) – Remote
Starting Pay Range: 59,700-66,300.00 annually.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(K) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
For more detailed information about this position and ETR, please visit our website:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to:
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.