It’s an exciting time for Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Everest”)! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Bermuda, Canada, Europe, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
- Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Talent development initiatives
- Networking groups
Everest is a growth company with $10.5 Billion of Gross Written Premium offering Property, Casualty and specialty products among others, through its various operating subsidiaries located in key markets around the world. Everest has been a global leader in reinsurance with a broad footprint, deep client relationships, underwriting excellence, responsive service and customized solutions. Our insurance arm draws upon impressive global resources and financial strength to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Our financial strength is evident in Financial Agency Ratings of: A+ A. M. Best, A+ S&P Global and A1 Moody’s Investor Service. We are a market leader for our broad diversified income streams, strong underlying underwriting performance with reduced volatility and strong cash flow. We take pride in being known in the industry as nimble, entrepreneurial and responsive.
- Review and analyze incoming transactions and related information for completeness accuracy and quality.
- Process new business submissions, renewal submissions and endorsements processing including policy construction and assembly in a timely and accurate manner.
- Regularly review and adhere to department processing guidelines and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Manage underwriting relationships with timely responses relative to service inquiries and maintaining a Client Centric focus.
- Maintain all correspondence activity with internal and external customers.
- Compliance with ODEN state rules and regulations relative to cancellations and reinstatements.
- Gathering and analyze underwriting information including experience reports, final audits, loss control reports, financial reports, loss runs, MVRs, and FEINs.
- Contribute to virtual team culture, driving sense of support and collaboration across the team.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and requests to complete work within required time constraints with a high volume of work.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude.
- The ability to work in a team environment and proactively ask questions and escalate challenges.
- Self-starter that is energized by independent learning and research.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required.
- Less than 5 years of professional work experience is preferred.
- Prior experience of insurance operations or related fields is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for US and Canada Employees Only: Everest requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.