Evotec is a drug discovery alliance and development partnership company focused on rapidly progressing innovative product approaches with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academics, patient advocacy groups and venture capitalists. We operate worldwide and our more than 3,500 employees provide the highest quality stand-alone and integrated drug discovery and development solutions. We cover all activities from target-to-clinic to meet the industry’s need for innovation and efficiency in drug discovery and development (EVT Execute). The Company has established a unique position by assembling top-class scientific experts and integrating state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuronal diseases, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology, infectious diseases, respiratory diseases, fibrosis, rare diseases and women’s health. On this basis, Evotec has built a broad and deep pipeline of approx. 100 co-owned product opportunities at clinical, pre-clinical and discovery stages (EVT Innovate). Evotec has established multiple long-term alliances with partners including Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CHDI, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Sanofi, Takeda, UCB and others. For additional information please go to www.evotec.com and follow us on Twitter @Evotec.
Evotec is offering Business Development internship positions during Summer 2021. In this role, the candidate will report to the Director of Business Development – Lead Generation. The candidate will support various business development related activities including but not limited to competitive intelligence, marketing, lead generation activities and working closely with the BD team representatives to meet team and corporate objectives. Through the opportunity the candidate will get exposure on the interface of science and business along the drug discovery and development continuum. The position will provide considerable exposure and training related to both business and scientific aspects of working in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Competitive Intelligence
• Marketing and lead generation campaigns
• Business analytics
• Support the proposal preparation process across select business lines
• Support for transition of various Evotec databases in support of Business Development activities
• Potential for travel, pending COVID, to Evotec’s US sites or to meet Evotec’s BD team
Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• The candidate shall be highly organized and detail oriented with the proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Ability to communicate and work with personnel of all levels within Evotec.
• Self-motivated and driven to exceed goals
• Progress towards a BSc in a Life Sciences discipline, ideally those entering their final year of undergraduate studies
• General awareness of the drug discovery and development process preferred but not required
• Detailed oriented, proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.