EWR Terminal One LLC is an US-based subsidiary of the German airport operator Munich Airport, and is responsible for the maintenance and concession management at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Terminal A. We will also be responsible for operations, maintenance, and concession management services in the new Terminal One at EWR, which is currently under development and scheduled to open in early 2022.
Engineering Student Internship
This is a paid Engineering Internship Position. Join our team for the Spring 2021 Semester. The successful candidate will assist the management team at Newark Liberty International Airport’s Terminal One as we develop a detailed Facilities Maintenance program and the application of Maximo, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). You will be responsible for supportive work and daily engineering tasks. Hours are flexible to accommodate your class schedule.
- Under supervision, assist in the development of facilities maintenance processes and procedures for: electrical infrastructure, heating ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC), passenger boarding bridges (PBB), vertical and horizontal transportation systems and fire protection systems; the student intern will request and receive support and guidance from management to complete assigned activities.
- Assist management with the coordination of Building Management Systems (BMS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems to establish condition-based maintenance activities within Newark Airport Terminal One.
- Work with the Facilities team to perform regularly scheduled activities as well as emergent work.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and dashboards monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for system and vendor performance.
- Assist with capturing data related to assets and populate the data within Maximo data load sheets.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Your skills & experience
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2021 – July 2022.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering with a total GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This include part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships.
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and employ the basics of research, design, and application within his or her discipline.
- Consistent, detail-oriented, and excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate, with proficient skills in using the MS Office suite including MS Excel.
- Demonstrated abilities to read, comprehend, and analyze architectural and systems drawings and schematics.
- Have a good sense of humor!
Good reasons why you should experience our airport family
- Be part of the team who will work with many partners and have an impact on one of the world’s largest airport systems.
- Help Munich Airport, Europe’s only 5-star Airport, to build on its reputation in the US.
- Learn, grow, and foster learning in a fast-paced work environment with several industry experts.
Munich Airport International US Holding and its subdivisions EWR Terminal One LLC and Reach Airports are equal opportunity employers.