Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the Facilities Intern will have the opportunity to learn about several aspects of Facilities Maintenance, Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS), Biotechnology and working in a real business environment.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide support services to the Exact Sciences facilities team in the Madison locations.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the administration of the facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) which provides support for all maintenance activities
- Coordinate equipment and system information updates with technical staff, cross functional teams, and CMMS administrators.
- Perform facilities assessments to review accuracy of installed equipment vs CMMS data to maintain accurate and current list of in-service equipment.
- Assist with facilities process improvement and CMMS system improvements within the facilities maintenance team.
- Coordinate updates to maintenance work instructions and job plans of typical maintenance activities and job requirements by working with technical experts to identifying and implementing.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel between facilities in the metropolitan area as needed.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Actively pursuing educational advancement through a secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in construction, engineering, facilities management or building trades.