This IT Application Management Intern will support our Human Resources and Organizational Development teams with a focus on our Learning Management System (LMS). As a member of the IT team, you will play a valuable role in connecting IT Services with business needs. You will both advocate for business needs within IT, and advocate for IT within the business. We are collaborators and connectors between these two groups and need strong communicators to join our team.
An intern’s role in our group will be two-fold: assisting with tasks listed below while learning, shadowing, and being mentored and encouraged by senior colleagues.
- Alongside a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts, an intern will help to create Visio diagrams of system layouts and common workflows to aid in decision making for application changes.
- Assist with creation of business case and return on investment documentation to support the initiation of projects.
- Assist with gathering discovery interviews and IT reviews to deliver technology changes to the business. Examples include gathering information on current vs desired future state of software applications and common processes.
- Assist with application support tasks such as responding to common questions or tickets related to IT supported applications.
- Provide project delivery support and participate in project team meetings; contribute to decision-making and risk assessment activities.
- Act as a problem solver to drive successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Establish positive working relationships with team members, vendors and IT customers.
- Friendly and positive demeanor with a desire to demonstrate the high standards of customer service.
- Running reports from our IT ticketing system related to types of incidents opened to identify trends and recommended solutions.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability and means to travel to Madison for 1 week during the Summer..
- Additional travel is not needed for this position.
Education and Experience
- Actively pursuing educational advancement through a secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Appetite to learn and general business acumen.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.