EXCEL is not just our company name; it’s a term we strive for on a daily basis, for both our patients and employees. Our team-based mentality coupled with a low-volume practice philosophy has helped develop our solid reputation as the premier physical therapy provider in Northern New Jersey since 1990.
We are looking for physical therapists to join our team. We have locations throughout northern New Jersey. Please see our website for more details.
If you have your NJ PT license OR you are a recent/upcoming grad who is getting ready to take the licensing exam, we encourage you to apply!
- Active Physical Therapy license issued by the state of New Jersey
- A graduate of an APTA Accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Medical coverage (with an HSA option)
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation, Sick, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays
- 15 hours of paid Continued Education Courses (CEU’s)
- $1,500 yearly allowance for CEU’s
- Physician in-service lectures
- Physician shadowing opportunities
- Professional development and growth
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Examination and evaluation of patients referred to Excel Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Development of customized plans of treatment and patient-specific goals for each patient, dependent upon physical therapy needs, including appropriate progressions to plans of care
- When appropriate, implementation of physician-directed protocols for indicated diagnoses
- Participation in the planning and execution of POC reviews, patient case review conferences, patient assessment, and reassessment
- Use evidence-based clinical interventions to maximize functional outcomes for patients
- Educate patients on their condition, each patient’s individual plan to address their limitations, and instruction in performing exercises for home and in-clinic programs
- Compliance with HIPAA rules & regulations
- Maintain ethical behavior according to the APTA and NJ Practice Act
- Treat patients in accordance with NJ Practice Act
- Completion of all required documentation of patient care activities
- Supervision of PT Aides and volunteers in the provision of job-appropriate services
- Ensure that all active patients are accounted for and on the schedule for the appropriate frequency per week; follow up with via telephone calls to patients as needed
- Communicate properly with physician offices, including Progress Notes, updated prescriptions, and physician-related directives
- Communicate properly with all internal departments of Excel Orthopedic Physical Therapy regarding patient care (i.e., management, billing, authorization, patient coordinators, aides)
- Lead clinical educational presentations for other Excel staff members, whether in a more local setting such as a therapist’s home clinic to colleagues or on a larger scale such as company-wide in-services
- Participation in Excel Orthopedic PT’s extracurricular opportunities including in-service presentations, Journal Clubs, Community Outreach Events
- Provide clinic tours to prospective patients, when necessary
- Practice teamwork within one’s individual clinic and throughout the company
- Provide compassion and empathy for all patients and co-workers
- Perform appropriate requirements to maintain PT licensure in the state of New Jersey (i.e., Continuing Education credits, Ethics/Jurisprudence coursework)
- Uphold all standards set forth by Excel Orthopedic Physical Therapy, including abiding by the mission statement, pillars of care, and ethos (TEAM EXCEL)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our mission is to deliver an unsurpassed physical therapy experience that exceeds expectations by providing the highest level of service, care, and respect.
Excel: Getting Better Together.