Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Fall 2021 Internship Program.
Our Fall Program runs from Monday, September 13th, 2021 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-December in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
· Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
· Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
· Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
· Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
· Submit resume;
· Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the July 30th application cut-off date (or sooner).
· If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of August 9th.
· The program will begin on September 13th at 12 PM ET.
· 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements (typically a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitment).
Communications Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
· Supports the monitoring of media placements for client coverage;
· Assists the Communications team with research on clients, media outlets and reporters for potential coverage opportunities;
· Assists across the Communications team to help create pitch opportunities for the agency as well as Brand Marketing clients;
· Will learn to develop and curate innovative storylines for clients;
· Will learn to create and activate grassroots sports marketing programs for Hospital for Special Surgery;
· Will develop relationships with local reporters and learn to pitch clients for feature stories;
· Will gain a general understanding of and learn to utilize public relations programs like Cision to research and develop media lists;
· Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
· Will participate in an end of program capstone project with other interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!